Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 224 Fans

287 audio Reviews with Responses

A Shy Girl A Shy Girl

Hello there.

An extremely good piece of romance in the ears. Can't say i'm surprised, though.
However, i'll still try to be constructive here, so here goes.

Actually, there's only one thing i would like to point (to quibble about would be more appropriate). In my opinion, the sound is kinda too full, and i think this is because of the mastering. I'd say there is too much bass in it.

And...damn, that really is the only thing i can think of. Still giving 5 stars, it is well deserved.

It's always nice to hear from you.

Have a nice day !

Bosa responds:

Yeah, for some reason the bass sounds different when playing on Newgrounds. I did add more depth to the bass, but it did not sound this loud. Oh well, I will keep this in mind for the future.

It is always good to hear from my dear friend! I hope you are doing well and I hope to hear from you again very soon! Thank-you!

Deus Vult Deus Vult

Damn, i would love to be able to write that kind of epic music.
this does deserve 5 stars !

bassfiddlejones responds:

haha, thank you! And you can! It just takes an absurd amount of time... glad you liked it! :D

Elegant Renaissance Elegant Renaissance

Hi there !

Good choice of percussions and rythmics here, but i gotta agree with The-iMortal, they need more power.

Also at about 02:31, there's bass-like synth. It almost sound it has become the lead sound, so i would either to lower it's volume, or move its panning to the left.

Finally, the sound is kinda saturated at the end. I think the volume needs to be downed a tiny bit there.

Ok, so i'm being a bit severe in this review, but don't get me wrong. This is a nice piece.

GershBeats responds:

Thanks for the review! I'd hardly say this is the best produced piece out there, either. I'll probably take another crack at it soon, and see if I can't get it polished up.

Quest for the Crown Quest for the Crown

Hello, there !

Once again, the medieval feel can really be felt, there.
Also, the choir hits at 0:49 reminded me a bit of Skyrim's music.
My only complaint is that i would have liked to hear more of that female voice.

Great job, as always.

Bosa responds:

I'll be sure to feature more female vocals in my next addition! Thank you for the review!

Her Wish Her Wish

Hello, there !

This piece really has a dramatic feel, especially the first half.
Also, like the part with the choir at 01:06. However, the part i loved the most was when the cellos began playing at 01:37.
Just a little thing, though ; for some reason, when the piano plays, the volume seems to be slightly saturated.

I think i said everything. My apologies if i'm kinda picky in my reviews, but at your level, the only things i can criticize are the little details that would make the piece perfect if corrected.

Bosa responds:

Lol, we're still cool man.

Daggerfall Daggerfall

Hello, there !

Wow, now it really feels like Middle Ages.
... Damn, i have nothing else to say.
Good damn job thou did, my lord !

Indeed. I thank thee.

Elder Scrolls (Strings) Elder Scrolls (Strings)

Hello, there !

I can understand why this is one of your favorite themes. I'm a huge fan of the series, too, and Jeremy Soule's creations are one of the reasons i love it.

Onto the review then.

Like the glissando at 00:21. But i feel like the strings playing the main music are a bit too percussive.

Well, i have not much else to say, except that i now want to play this on my violin. Damn you !

Bosa responds:

You can! Put your mind into it!

A Newgrounds Legacy A Newgrounds Legacy

Hello, there !

A really good piece of art, especially the part between 00:49 and 01:20, the piano arpeggios are really nice.

Now for some constructive criticism.

First, i think the instrument at 00:10 should be replaced by something more classical, like a harpsichord, or a classical guitar.
Also, the last part is quite loud at parts, when the horns play. I think their volume should lowered a little bit.

That's about everything i can think of. I like the general feel of this piece. It really sounds like an ode to something grand and glorious.

Oh, and i added that piece to my favorites ;p .

Bosa responds:

I wish I knew more about sound engineering and volume balancing. I may need help with this in the future.

Delon Mezign (Chiptune) Delon Mezign (Chiptune)

Now, that's what i call chiptune. Reminds me of the time i was playing on my amstrad cpc.
I don't actually hear anything wrong, although the main synth at 3.13 could be louder in my opinion.

Also, i noticed your nickname is madfiddler. Is this related to Mark Knight, who happens to have that nickname, as well ?

Anyways, nice job.

madfiddler responds:

Yes, you're right - the lead arp synth could be a touch louder. For the album, which I'm working on atm, I think I'm going to strip away the FX too.

madfiddler, TDK and Mark Knight are one and the same. :)

TransAmbience TransAmbience

Hello

Let's see, then.

The intro is nice. It made me get into the song smoothly.

The bass thingy is too quiet from 1:11. Bass is important, and it's important to hear it, especially in Trance.

Also, i noticed most of the notes in various parts are a bit off. You should be careful with, because i heard quite a bunch of them.

Nice ending, though.

I guess that's about it.

(§ Jorma Poyer AKA Deflektor §)
Review Request Club