Be a Supporter!

DeflektorDeflektor

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 217 Fans

286 audio Reviews with Responses

Deus Vult Deus Vult

Damn, i would love to be able to write that kind of epic music.
this does deserve 5 stars !

bassfiddlejones responds:

haha, thank you! And you can! It just takes an absurd amount of time... glad you liked it! :D

Elegant Renaissance Elegant Renaissance

Hi there !

Good choice of percussions and rythmics here, but i gotta agree with The-iMortal, they need more power.

Also at about 02:31, there's bass-like synth. It almost sound it has become the lead sound, so i would either to lower it's volume, or move its panning to the left.

Finally, the sound is kinda saturated at the end. I think the volume needs to be downed a tiny bit there.

Ok, so i'm being a bit severe in this review, but don't get me wrong. This is a nice piece.

GershBeats responds:

Thanks for the review! I'd hardly say this is the best produced piece out there, either. I'll probably take another crack at it soon, and see if I can't get it polished up.

Quest for the Crown Quest for the Crown

Hello, there !

Once again, the medieval feel can really be felt, there.
Also, the choir hits at 0:49 reminded me a bit of Skyrim's music.
My only complaint is that i would have liked to hear more of that female voice.

Great job, as always.

Bosa responds:

I'll be sure to feature more female vocals in my next addition! Thank you for the review!

Her Wish Her Wish

Hello, there !

This piece really has a dramatic feel, especially the first half.
Also, like the part with the choir at 01:06. However, the part i loved the most was when the cellos began playing at 01:37.
Just a little thing, though ; for some reason, when the piano plays, the volume seems to be slightly saturated.

I think i said everything. My apologies if i'm kinda picky in my reviews, but at your level, the only things i can criticize are the little details that would make the piece perfect if corrected.

Bosa responds:

Lol, we're still cool man.

Daggerfall Daggerfall

Hello, there !

Wow, now it really feels like Middle Ages.
... Damn, i have nothing else to say.
Good damn job thou did, my lord !

Indeed. I thank thee.

Elder Scrolls (Strings) Elder Scrolls (Strings)

Hello, there !

I can understand why this is one of your favorite themes. I'm a huge fan of the series, too, and Jeremy Soule's creations are one of the reasons i love it.

Onto the review then.

Like the glissando at 00:21. But i feel like the strings playing the main music are a bit too percussive.

Well, i have not much else to say, except that i now want to play this on my violin. Damn you !

Bosa responds:

You can! Put your mind into it!

A Newgrounds Legacy A Newgrounds Legacy

Hello, there !

A really good piece of art, especially the part between 00:49 and 01:20, the piano arpeggios are really nice.

Now for some constructive criticism.

First, i think the instrument at 00:10 should be replaced by something more classical, like a harpsichord, or a classical guitar.
Also, the last part is quite loud at parts, when the horns play. I think their volume should lowered a little bit.

That's about everything i can think of. I like the general feel of this piece. It really sounds like an ode to something grand and glorious.

Oh, and i added that piece to my favorites ;p .

Bosa responds:

I wish I knew more about sound engineering and volume balancing. I may need help with this in the future.

Delon Mezign (Chiptune) Delon Mezign (Chiptune)

Now, that's what i call chiptune. Reminds me of the time i was playing on my amstrad cpc.
I don't actually hear anything wrong, although the main synth at 3.13 could be louder in my opinion.

Also, i noticed your nickname is madfiddler. Is this related to Mark Knight, who happens to have that nickname, as well ?

Anyways, nice job.

madfiddler responds:

Yes, you're right - the lead arp synth could be a touch louder. For the album, which I'm working on atm, I think I'm going to strip away the FX too.

madfiddler, TDK and Mark Knight are one and the same. :)

TransAmbience TransAmbience

Hello

Let's see, then.

The intro is nice. It made me get into the song smoothly.

The bass thingy is too quiet from 1:11. Bass is important, and it's important to hear it, especially in Trance.

Also, i noticed most of the notes in various parts are a bit off. You should be careful with, because i heard quite a bunch of them.

Nice ending, though.

I guess that's about it.

(§ Jorma Poyer AKA Deflektor §)
Review Request Club

jxl180 responds:

jxl180

Insecure Insecure

Hello

Let's see, then.

It's a pretty weird piece, yet fun to listen to. I have to issue with it, though.

The first one being the fact that the beat is off the track at 0:24-0:35.

The second being the mastering. There is some static at some parts. I you remake this piece, i suggest you lower the general volume of the piece. That way, you'll get rid of the static, and listeners could increase their headphones/speakers volume if it isn't loud enough for them.

I guess i said about everything.

(§ Jorma Poyer AKA Deflektor §)
Review Request Club